Sunday, February 8, 2015

Feb 7 Well i guess things will be a bit different here on out...

Hello there,

So your probably confused as to why I'm writing on Saturday, let's just say I'll be writing Saturdays for the next few months. Transfer news came on Monday night and quite the change was made. We were sitting at dinner with Horners (senior couple) after a nice Pday of buying things, cleaning and relaxing. In the middle of dinner, I was holding the phone and it began ringing and I looked at it and it said Pres. Hicken. Uh oh... so I took the call and walked into the other room. I have been given a new assignment. That is to be an Assistant to the President. When he told me that I was totally shocked and humbled. He said some other things on the phone, but I could hardly think because I was super nervous and shocked. After closing the phone call, I broke into tears. I took it as though the Lord is telling me that he still trusts me and that he has great plans for me ahead. I've just got to trust in Him. I said a prayer, then returned to the dinner table. I was so nervous, I couldn't even finish my dinner, my stomach got all tight and my thoughts were racing a million miles an hour.. Incredibly humbling. So we enjoyed our last night together and I had to pack all my stuff to be on a bus in the morning. The rest of the zone remained the same, and Elder Harding is the one replacing me. 

The Horners

The missionaries serving in my area.
So Tuesday morning I was on a bus to Nairobi after being able to watch Daniel, one of the members whom we teach with, receive his mission call to Zimbabwe Hirare mission. He was super excited, and I'm excited for him, he will be a great missionary. I was so happy to be able to see him get his call before leaving the area. Tuesday night I was put in a car as the third driver, because of transfers, we needed to drop missionaries in their various zones, so we were driving around in the evening so that there is no traffic. Nairobi Traffic is crazy... So we were out and about for a while and then finally got to bed around 1:00am. I've been having trouble sleeping the last few days, I have been so restless at night. But as the week has gone on it has been better. 
Daniel opening his mission call.

On the bus to Nairobi.  Goodbye Kisumu.

 

Wednesday, we were finishing moving people around, dropping and picking people at the airport, and putting people on the bus, early morning at 4:00, but it's okay the Lord definitely gives you the energy to fulfill the assignment you receive. One of the cool things about being here is you get to associate a lot with the couples and the other elders in the office, they are all really wonderful people. I was able to sit down with President Hicken for a bit and he explained my assignment and what he expects of me. We are to do a lot, but it's okay because we also get a proselyting area, and 4 days to proselyte, so it's not just office work all day every work, but it's actual missionary work. 

Thursday was our office day, so we had to do some work to catch up with things from the transfer and plan with President Hicken.

Friday was our proselyting day so we were out in our area which is in Nairobi, but it's a drive to get there. We had a full day planned, but only one of those we scheduled with showed up, but we were able to have 3 unexpected lessons and did a lot of contacting. It turned out  to be a good day. Every day is busy, but that's the best is when it's busy. 

This is the Lord's church. He knows everyone in the world individually and each of us must experience different things to become as our Heavenly Father.  It just so happened that the Lord needs me to experience this. It's not chosen by man, it's not earned, but rather, its' the spirit that guides the Mission President. I look forward to all this new assignment entitles and all I'll be able to experience.

Thank you for your continual love and support,
Love Always,
Elder Rushton Jay Hiltbrand

No comments:

Post a Comment