So I’m sorry I can’t write much this week, the power is super shotty and we’re at a new cyber cafe because the other one has a technical issue and power won’t be restored there until tomorrow possibly. So in regards to transfer news, Elder Nyirenda, the Zone leader in my area is staying for another transfer, that will make him 9 months in Kilungu Hills. Elder Utonga is also staying which brings him up to 9 months in Kilungu Hills as well. Elder Janda is also staying, he has yet to be here for long so he will probably be staying till March or April. As for Elder Ita, he is being transferred to Longata, Nairobi. Of course your all probably saying we don’t care about them, what is happening to you? Well I am being transferred! To the Huruma Eldoret area! I will be companions with elder Ndwandwe. I’m not sure where he is from, but he will be going home in March, so I will probably be killing him. I haven’t heard a lot about him, but he trained one of my buddies from my MTC group. Another one of my buddies, Elder Beacom, is Zone Leader of the Eldoret area and he called me this morning super excited that I’m coming to his area. He also told me that he has heard really good things about me and the other guys in my group, and (these next two transfers that I will be in his area) he is really going to need my help getting the numbers up in Huruma. I am really looking forward to serving in Eldoret, it is supposed to be one of the nicest areas in the mission, the promised land if you would call it that. I am so excited about being transferred, 6 months in the hills is plenty for me!
So still no more packages received yet, I will hopefully have some waiting when I arrive at the mission office tomorrow morning. I should go there tomorrow then to Eldoret on Thursday. It’s a 6 – 8 hr bus ride, but with nice buses, so hopefully its better than Matatu rides.
Well, I wish I could write more, but I had a longer email written up but the power died and wiped it all.. Karibu Rain Season in the hills.
Anyways, love you all, Elder Rushton Jay Hiltbrand
p.s. tomorrow is my 6 month mark! Crazy how fast time goes!
No comments:
Post a Comment